Psalm 33:4-5 (New International Version)
4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.
I had an interesting day today. I received an email at work today from someone I hardly know but somehow have been placed on his email list. He forwarded an article from a blog of an organization that wants to "take back America." As you can imagine, the email was quite lengthy and quite angry. It blamed pastors for preaching on comfort in touch times, rather that that Christians should get together and fight for what is Biblically sound and right.
While I believe that we should not always sit back and "turn the other cheek", I do feel strongly that God is faithful and just; and God will have the last word in this world. We are on this earth for a lifetime that is nothing but a blink of the eye of God. God wants us to trust and obey him, and worship and praise his name while we are here on earth. So what does that mean for us exactly?
So, back to the article...I was disturbed by this. We are never promised that life will be easy. What we are promised is that God is with us always and that if we trust and believe in him, we will life forever with him in heaven. So as I've said before, knowing this gives me the strength and courage to face and endure all of life's valleys. I have HOPE that God is with me and is going to welcome me to my eternal home with open arms.
So whether we fight, or just rely on the comfort of God's promises, may we do all in God's name and to his glory!
Watch this great video of talented artists singing "So Great."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for adding your comment! Once we have approved the post, it will be added to our blog!