Monday, December 14, 2009

New Devotion from Lifeline Ministries

Joshua 1:9 (New International Version)

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

As I was working at the church last night, I dug out my old Michael W Smith music.  I really thank my old high school classmate and best friend for introducing me to MWS.  He has been my inspiration in many ways through out the years.  I was listening to The Live Set which has some great live music.  One of the songs was "Be Strong and Courageous" based on this verse above.

As I heard this I thought about all of the courageous people that have touched my life over the years.  I think of all the military friends and family; those that possess more patience than I could only dream of having as they work with children and adults with disabilities; and those that have lost loved ones and find the strength to continue forward. 


The common theme with many is that their faith holds them together.  They recognize that God is working in them; and through their struggles God is strengthening their faith and character.  What an amazing gift we have been given!  Knowing that God is with us wherever we go creates a sense of calmness that we cannot receive from any person or thing.

Of course, God does not promise that we won't hit valleys, but the fact that God is always there with us?... I say "Bring it On!"

If you feel like listening to a great classic song by Smitty, here's the link for Be Strong and Courageous

http://www.last.fm/music/Michael%2520Smith/_/Be%2520Strong%2520and%2520Courageous?ac=be%20strong%20and%20courageous

Prayer:  Dear Emmanuel, as we wait for your coming this Advent, help us to remember your promise that you will never leave us or forsake us.  No matter the struggle, no matter the pain, we have comfort in knowing that you are always there beside us.  In your loving care we pray.  Amen.

PS.  Another great song to listen to about the valleys of life is by Ginny Owens.  Here is the link to a live performance of "If You Want Me To" on youtube.comhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8pWgDsv1E

Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Justin
www.lifelineworship.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your comment! Once we have approved the post, it will be added to our blog!